27 Oct Gesto Helps Angola Reducing Technical Energy Losses
Gesto was selected by the ENDE – Empresa Nacional de Distribuição de Angola to support the state owned utility in the effort of controlling and reducing the current level of Technical Energy Losses.
The main goal of this assignment will be to ensure the reduction of technical losses in ENDE’s grids, as well as, ensuring an optimization of the company’s resources and long-term sustainability of the whole electricity sector.
After an initial kick-off mission in late August, the technical teams started already working on filed to initiate the required assessment activities with site visits to Benguela Delegation, Malange Delegation, Bengo Delegation and all four Delegations of the city of Luanda.
The project started in August 2017, is expected to end by the end of 2018 and will comprise the following services:
- Carry out an evaluation of the operational conditions of the distribution network:
- Collect all relevant data on the main selected distribution centers;
- Conduct studies on the design and definition of criteria for modernization plans;
- Provide technical solutions to reduce technical losses;
- Carry out economic and financial analyzes of the various options for reducing technical losses;
- Prepare the technical measures and an Action Plan;
- Provide recommendations on the main software, tools and the proper contracting plan for the procurement of equipment and training;
- Prepare the necessary tender documents for the project to reduce technical losses.