The project will start with the development of an Inception & Diagnosis Mission. Afterwards, Gesto will develop a labelling program for appliances imported in Cabo Verde, including design of informative labels in line with the ECOWAS Programme, appropriate testing procedures, test facility accreditation, labelling threshold and program implementation methodology. Gesto will also support Cabo Verde in the development of appropriate test procedures. Test procedures are an essential element of S&L regulations. Test procedures describe how the energy performance of a product regulated by S&L will be measured and the conditions under which measurement should take place.
Once defined the type of labeling, the type of appliances to be labeled and the testing approach and procedure the thresholds for categories and minimum requirements have to be established. Gesto will conduct a benchmark of the different thresholds considered in other programs and will also look at the price range of the different categories. The thresholds should optimize the trade-off between energy efficiency and cost for end users.
Finally, a Program Implementation Methodology is required. Gesto will define the institutional framework, the key processes and the Program Methodology approach. Different scenarios or alternatives will be identified based on benchmarks and advantages and disadvantages will be analyzed for each alternative, resulting in a recommendation. Alternatives and results will be discussed in a workshop.
After the approval of the National EE certification program approval, Gesto will create an implementation plan suitable for Cabo Verde, based on useful insights that can be drawn from the example of experience of other countries, which have managed to develop and implement S&L programs by tackling many similar challenges.
The project also includes the development of a:
- National Awareness Campaign
- Capacity Building and Training Sessions
- Development of DSM measures and program
SUMMARY OF SERVICES
- Design of EE informative labels
- Selection of EE testing procedures
- Development of Regulatory Framework
- Development of MRV requirements
- Develop National Certification Program
- Public Awareness Program and Diffusion Strategy
- Development of Demand-Side Management (DSM) Program
- Design Financial Incentive Mechanism
- Pilot Projects for EE appliances
- Training Sessions and Workshops