28 Mar MOZAMBIQUE, GESTO SETS STRATEGIC PLAN FOR ENERGY REGULATION
Maputo, 28 March 2022
Gesto was awarded the development of the strategic plan of the Energy Regulatory Authority in Mozambique.
After the success in developing the project: “Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Manual for the Ministry of Mineral Resources and Energy in Mozambique” for ENABEL, Gesto was awarded, together with MRC Group, to develop the strategic plan of the Mozambican energy regulatory authority, ARENE – Autoridade Reguladora de Energia (http://arene.org.mz):
The goal of this project is to develop and support the definition of the strategic guidelines of the energy regulator, respective of the mandate of the current Board of Directors (until 2025), and to provide support in the definition of a roadmap of strategic initiatives, based on the current strategic vision of the regulator.
This strategic project will result in the development of several instrumental keystones for ARENE, including:
- Objectives, strategic guidelines and recommendations for short-, medium- and long-term actions for the different areas of ARENE;
- Sustainability plan, including proposals for effective human and financial resource strategies;
- Enhancement of the corporate governance mechanisms;
- Stakeholder mapping and engagement strategies;
- Risk management approach;
- Functional organizational and leadership structure;
- Strategic plan monitoring and reporting structure;
- Roadmap for implementing the strategic plan.
The project that started last Friday, March 25, with the kick-off meeting, is expected to be concluded before the end of the year.