30 Aug NEPAL ELECTRICITY AUTHORITY (NEA) CAPACITY BUILDING PROGRAM
Lisbon, 30 August 2019
Under the Nepal Distribution System and Rural Electrification Master Plan that Gesto is developing for the Nepal Electricity Authority (NEA), Gesto provided overseas training to NEA officials on the interpretation, analysis, promotion and way forward of the Masterplan.
The training was conducted from August 19 to 30, 2019 in Madrid and Lisbon.
At the end of the program the trainees were able to:
– Be familiar with the structure of a Master Plan and with how to analyze it in the macro-perspective.
– Understand the prioritization criteria of the operative and financial process.
– Know the basic specifications and requirements of the integration of renewable energies into the grid, and to predict the main areas of exploitation of each of them.
– Establish evaluation processes for the different business models and its promotion, along with definition of tariff structures that can adapt better to the financing strategy in force.
– Manage and to develop tendering processes, being able to carry procurement and contracting for the different services.
– Evaluate the different sections of a master plan in a holistic view in order to prioritize the strategy.